19 March 2023

Have you filled a bucket today?

 As part of my journey to becoming a fully registered teacher in the state of Victoria, I had to conduct, evaluate and present an action research project. I chose to focus on social-emotional skills as many children required support in this area post covid. I selected the book "Have you filled a bucket today" as my focus book and consistently implemented the same language of "bucket filling" and "bucket dipping" to facilities children in understanding how their actions and words can affect others. We also created our own buckets and I set up a sorting activity where children identified bucket filling/dipping behaviour. Thie concept of the book is very simple and easy for children to understand. It was a 6 week teaching sequence - I did the project in Term 2 and continued the language for the rest of the year.

Initial thoughts and key concepts on the story

Our buckets!

Sorting activity


No comments:

Post a Comment